SCHOLARSHIP AWARD PROGRAM
The Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) Washington State is dedicated to the development and advancement of individuals interested in careers in transportation. COMTO Washington offers scholarships each year to students who are pursuing their education in transportation-related fields. The chapter designs its scholarship programs to diversify the transportation profession and increase access to careers for those with limited means. Multiple scholarship awards are available.
COMTO WS is pleased to offer the following scholarships:
- Mt. Baker Leaders Scholarship
- Washington State Ambassador Scholarship
- COMTO Washington State Founders Scholarship
- Mt. Rainier Graduate Scholarship
COMTO Washington will award up to $50,000 in 2023 to students who express an interest in pursuing college studies in a transportation-related field. The scholarship award is for use for tuition;* disbursement is directly to the college, university or vocational institution.
Completed applications are due by 5 p.m. on March 31, 2023.
Eligible applicants will, at a minimum:
- Be a graduating high school senior or current post-secondary student entering as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student, enrolled in an accredited college, university or a vocational/trade school.
- Be in good educational standing with at least a 2.8 cumulative GPA.
- Be a permanent resident of Washington state (may attend college outside the state).
- Be a U.S. citizen, VISA or green card holder with authorization to attend school in the United States.
- Complete the full COMTO Washington Scholarship Application and submit said application prior to the deadline.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university or vocational-technical institution in the term following the scholarship award (e.g. spring quarter 2023, fall semester 2023, etc.) with a major or minor in a transportation-related field.
*Tuition may also include expenses charged by the college or institution in order to take the courses such as laboratory fees, protective equipment, books, etc. Distribution of funds for such items must come from the designated institution.
Please visit the "Scholarship Details" tab to the left to identify the scholarship you'd like to apply for. Then, visit the "Apply" tab to complete your application. For details on how applications will be scored and awarded, please visit the "Award Process" tab.
COMTO WA is proud to partner with local transportation organizations and COMTO National to provide internships for students for the Summer of 2023 and beyond.
For more information regarding the COMTO National "CITY Intern" program for students, please visit the COMTO National site. Additionally, some of our local organizations will be partnering with us to offer CITY Internships, please see the list of organizations below to learn more information about their opportunities.